Sunday, May 6, 2012

Defending One's Profession

Defending One's Profession, is a concept we coined in the work, "Of Astrophysics and Faith. It refers to the relevancy of the Truth. In other words, for mankind, there appears to be no such thing as absolute truth. Once the absolute is stumbled upon and is in direct conflict with the discoverers versions of the truth, it is sequestered away. For example; if I were a professor working for a well established university and discovered that not all of the dinosaurs died out at once, that some of them survived until mankind arrived on the scene, I could not release this discovery. As the allegiance of my employment lies with the institutional that feeds me and my family, and not the truth. Our American Society at least has subscribed to this doctrine for centuries, pasted on from Europe. The discussion? Should we be surprised where this has led us today?

No comments:

Post a Comment